More and more brands are turning to virtual events post Covid 19, looks like virtual events are here to stay. There are a few things to consider when hosting a virtual event – How big is the audience, is there an on site audience, what platforms are you live streaming and what is the duration.
Live streaming is a great way to easily share video content across multiple platforms and reaching thousands of people who would not have had access to the material. Whether you are hosting an internal employee training or an external webinar, a complete virtual event or hybrid, Live streaming always help extend reach and engagement.
You can already live stream your Webex meeting to Facebook Live, Youtube and Zoom, you can use Webex Meetings to host your virtual event and live stream it to YouTube, Twitter with Periscope, LinkedIn Live and many more – basically to any streaming platform that supports the Real-time Messaging Protocol (RTMP/RTMPS) based media stream.
Live streaming is available in Webex Meetings today, in 6 Easy Steps
- Have your site admin enable Live Stream access.
- Schedule a Webex meeting, from your desktop
- Choose your live streaming platform and go to their site. Log into your account and set up the live stream. Your platform should provide RTMP/RTMPS stream URL and stream key where Webex can stream.
- Once you have your platform set up, click on the ‘circle with the three dots’ and select “Start live streaming.”
- You will be asked for the stream link and stream key. You would have acquired this in step 3.
- After you click “start streaming,” your Webex meeting will appear on the platform’s stream. Visit the streaming platform to check your preview and then
click “Go Live.” Once live, Webex Meetings will indicate that you are successfully streaming
Watch this short video on how to stream Webex meeting to Facebook Live